Last updated 8 October 2018
What information does Astute Graphics - the publishers of the Astui service - Collect?
Information you provide to us:
When you use register with our website to start a subscription trial period, we collect the personal information that you provide to us. This can include your name, your email address and your company name if relevant.
When purchasing a subscription, you will be asked to provide details for the payment method chosen via our payment service. We receive, collect and store credit/debit card details including card holder name, address, card number, card expiry date and card CVC. We also request your company's VAT (tax) registration number if relevant.
Information we Automatically collect:
When you use our website we collect information via cookies and other similar technologies which may include saving cookies to users' computers. We collect certain information related to your device such as your device's IP address, referring website, what pages your device visited, and the time that your device visited our website.
How do we use the information?
We use the information we collect via our website for a range of reasons including:
- To set up a contact and company record to initiate the service.
- To provide, operate and maintain the best possible user experience for our customers.
- To process and complete transactions and send related information including subscription transaction confirmations and invoices.
- To manage our customers use of the services i.e. to respond to enquiries and comments and provide customer service and support.
- To investigate and prevent fraudulent activities, unauthorised access to licensing services, and other illegal activities.
- For any other purposes about which we notify customers and users.
We use the information we collect via our website:
- To facilitate a subscription purchase.
- To improve the content of our web pages — for example by directing visitors to relevant product information.
- To allow us to customize the content of our web pages for different visitors.
- For the purposes made clear to you at the time you submit your information — for example, to fulfil your request for a free trial.
- To provide us with information such as visitor statistics via Google Analytics.
We may also use the information you send to us via our website to communicate with you electronically including via email regarding provision of the service, including subjects related to billing and service changes that will likely affect you. We use the provider MailChimp to carry out this service. You will always be able to opt-out of such communications at any time (see the "What choices do I have" section below).
Where will personal information about you be stored?
The information that you provide to us will be transferred to and stored by Astute Graphics, either in an email account or on a web server. By supplying such information, you consent to the above transfer and storage.
Customers may wish to consider that certain personal information is used by Astute Graphics servers/websites for the purposes of granting access to the service such as customer API requests using Astute Graphics or third party developed software and services. This includes unique Astui API Tokens issued to customers.
How do we share and disclose the information to third parties?
Astute Graphics does not sell your Personal Information to third parties for the purpose of marketing activities.
We may process your personal information for our legitimate business interests e.g. direct marketing, data analytics and/or enhancing/modifying/improving our website, service and user experience (see 'Legitimate Interests' section below).
Under certain circumstances we may be required to disclose your Personal Information in response to valid requests by public authorities such at the Police or security services.
"Legitimate Interests" means the interests of our company in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/products and the best and most secure experience. It can also apply to processing that is in your interests as well. For example, we may process your information to protect you against fraud when transacting on our website, and to ensure our website and systems are secure.
When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we make sure to consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your Personal Data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
If you have any concerns you have the right to object to processing that is based on our legitimate interests.
Is Personal Information about me Secure?
We use appropriate technical, organisational and administrative security measures to protect any information we hold from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Unfortunately, no company or service can guarantee complete security. Unauthorised entry or use, hardware, or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
What choices do I have?
If you wish to update any of your personal details, you can do this by logging into your customer account. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com advising of the information you wish us to correct.
If you want us to delete all personal or other information about you, which has been sent through this website and is held on an Astute Graphics server, please let us know by email, stating your details. Please note that requests to remove information relating to purchases and licenses will result in the termination of access to all Astui services. Astute Graphics will retain only essential information to comply with all UK legal requirements including accounting.
You can opt-out of receiving service communications from us at any time by using the Unsubscribe link in the email communication we send. Please note that it may take 48 hours for these changes to register throughout all Astute Graphics systems.
What information does the Astui service submit when processing vector graphics?
The operating with the Astui service, some or all of the following information is collected and processed by the Astute Graphics servers only at the request of the user:
- User's unique Astui API Token
- IP address used when making the request
- Client software, for example web browser or design software
- Operating system
- Astui plugin, extension or service used, whether it is developed by Astute Graphics or a third party
- Vector artwork paths
- Requests for vector artwork modifications or changes, for example "Smart Point Removal" along with the associated tolerance
- Resultant vector artwork paths
- Time and date
Linked Websites and Software
What If I have questions about this policy?